Brett Goldstein tells a hilariously sweary story about how he met Harrison Ford - Tech News Digest

Thursday 26 January 2023

Brett Goldstein tells a hilariously sweary story about how he met Harrison Ford

A smartly dressed man on a talk show grins. A quote reading

Brett Goldstein is clearly a man of many talents. Not only can he write, produce, act, and make memorable awards speeches, but he's apparently also a dab hand at securing A-list talent for upcoming projects.

In the interview above on The Late Show, the Ted Lasso star tells Stephen Colbert about how he managed to secure Harrison Ford for his new Apple TV+ show Shrinking, which he co-created with Jason Segel and Ted Lasso showrunner Bill Lawrence.

After accidentally hanging up on Ford and then having to reject his request for a Saturday dinner due to a conflicting gig ("40 people have bought tickets, I can't let them down!" jokes Goldstein in the clip), he finally arranged to meet Ford at his apartment for dinner on Friday.

"I go in the house and he goes, 'Best script I've ever read,'" explains Goldstein. "And I go, 'Shrinking?' Because I'm thinking, I've seen Raiders of the Lost Ark, that's a very good script, what are you talking about? And then I see on his table that he's got loads of scripts and I think oh, he thinks I'm someone else. He's thinking of the wrong thing. And I see the Shrinking scripts and I point at them and I go, 'Shrinking?' And he goes, 'Best dialogue I've ever read.' And I go, 'Oh, OK. Do you want to be in it?, and he goes 'Yeah,', and I go, 'OK then.' And he goes, 'Is that business done?' and I go 'Looks like it', and he goes, 'Let's eat.'"

Perfect.




via Tech News Digest

No comments:

Post a Comment