Michael B. Jordan tells Desus and Mero why he decided to direct 'Creed III' - Tech News Digest

Monday 13 December 2021

Michael B. Jordan tells Desus and Mero why he decided to direct 'Creed III'

Michael B. Jordan joined Desus and Mero to talk about a great many things, including his directorial debut with Creed III, currently set for release in 2022.

As well as starring in it, the Creed and Creed II actor is sitting the director's chair for the third instalment, with Phylicia Rashad and Tessa Thompson returning alongside new addition to the franchise Jonathan Majors. 

Jordan said his decision to direct came from a nudge from Creed director Ryan Coogler himself. "He said, ‘It's never going to be a perfect time. You ain't never going to feel like, 'Oh, this is it.' Just jump off into the deep end and swim. You’ve been doing it your whole life,'" he told Desus and Mero.

"I definitely wanted to start off with a project I had a full perspective on, I had a solid opinion on. I didn't want to come in and be hearing a whole bunch of different opinions and swayed," said Jordan. "I know Creed, I know that world — we built it. I know this character…Now I can focus on everybody else’s performance and telling the story."

Creed III is slated for release Nov. 23, 2022.

Want more?

7 'God-level knowledge darts' we learned from Desus and Mero's book

Desus and Mero going rollerskating with Lil Nas X is just good wholesome fun

'This is my weed': Yo-Yo Ma talks sexy cellos and plays 'Thong Song' with Desus and Mero




via Tech News Digest

No comments:

Post a Comment