How to set boundaries in the early stages of dating - Tech News Digest

Wednesday 16 September 2020

How to set boundaries in the early stages of dating

How to set boundaries in the early stages of dating

I'd just got in the bath when my phone buzzed on the window sill. It was, alas, out of reach. But I had a sneaking suspicion of who the message was from. 

I got up and leaned across to my device, bath suds and water dripping all over the floor. With wet fingers, I swiped up to see the WhatsApp and instantly wished I'd stayed in the bath. 

"Send pics," read the message from the guy I barely knew. 

Until this moment, things had been going so well. So well, in fact, that I was deeply suspicious. 

Sending nudes to a near-stranger in the early stages of dating is a boundary for me. That might not be the case for everyone, but in my case, it's not something I do unless I'm sleeping with the person. But at this point, I hadn't even gone on a first date with this guy yet. We'd simply kissed on a night out with friends and started texting each other.  Read more...

More about Dating, Mental Health, Sex And Relationships, Boundaries, and Culture


via Tech News Digest

No comments:

Post a Comment