Don't feel guilty for abandoning the books you've Instagrammed - Tech News Digest

Thursday 5 March 2020

Don't feel guilty for abandoning the books you've Instagrammed

Don't feel guilty for abandoning the books you've Instagrammed

I am living a lie. I haven't finished half the books posted on my Instagram.

As I type this, these forlorn works of fiction and non-fiction are strewn across my home, unread, unfinished, and abandoned. It was never a deliberate act of deceit. I just kind of...got bored? (To any authors reading this: I can only apologise.) 

Here's what usually happens: In the first flush of excitement after buying a crisp new book, I take a photo of it and post it on my Story. I have every intention of reading it. In fact, I'm usually very excited to get stuck into an all-consuming page-turner. But if I'm not fully engrossed in it, I'll run out of steam midway through. Without really thinking about it, I'll stow away the book and forget about its very existence. In reality, unless a book is un-put-downable, I often put it down. Read more...

More about Instagram, Books, Reading, Instagram Stories, and Culture


via Tech News Digest

No comments:

Post a Comment